Online (31 credit hours)
The Certificate in Christian Discipleship is designed for those who want to learn more about God, to experience the unknown, and be stretched intellectually and spiritually. It is your year to 'be change'! This program provides students with an overview of the Bible and the core teachings, an understanding of how to think and act Christianly, a clear perspective on what God is doing in the world and how they can be part of that, and an opportunity and the skills to connect in deeper ways with God.
If you want to spend a year growing in your understanding of God, this is the program for you.
Bible/Theology (15 Credits)
- BBL100 Introduction to the Bible (3)
- BBL211 Synoptic Gospels (3)
- BBL220 Pentateuch (3)
- CSP130 Introduction to Christian Spirituality (3)
- IDS100 Christian Faith & Practice I (3)
General Arts (6 Credits)
Professional Development (10 Credits)
- ICS150 Global Christian Citizenship (3)
- LDR100 Discipleship I (3)
- LDR101 Discipleship II (3)
- FE101 Field Education (1)
Profile of a Graduating Student with the Discipleship Certificate
A graduating student will:
- discover and build a personal spiritual life that brings students into intimate relationship with God;
- discover and build strong Christian community among students and with college faculty and staff;
- develop a Christian view of God’s Word, His Kingdom, the Christian faith, and the world around us;
- discover their identity in Christ and develop a healthy self–awareness;
- gain an understanding of issues and subjects which the student wants to explore.
Career Path Options
This program is designed to develop strong volunteers for local church ministries.
Future Education Possibilities
Completion of this certificate qualifies as the first year of all RMC diploma and degree programs. You can use this certificate as the first step in being equipped to serve God if He leads you to continue your training at RMC.